Tuesday, June 23, 2009

When Two Become One

Was at home today - having taken a break from office - and was sifting through some old diaries. I had this habit in college, where I used to jot down any beautiful piece of writing that I came across, which touched me in some way. No blogs those days, so personal diaries were the only mode. Over the years theres one advise from the Bible that I have found to be particularly useful. Its from Phillipians 2:3 and it says : "Fill your minds with those things that are good and that deserve praise : things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely and honourable". So, heres sharing with all of you a beautiful poem that I once came across :

Two shadows on grass,
Elongated, growing,
Walking together,
Through meadows of green;
My shoulders much broader,
Your figure much slimmer,
Two shadows together,
With sunlight between.
How far the horizon,
Violet with shadows,
As the sun drops behind us,
In a welter of gold.
My arms on your shoulder,
Pulling you closer,
Making one shadow,
When twilight takes hold.

No comments: