Sunday, September 03, 2006

A new dawn

I've always had a special relationship with God - I've always spoken to him like he was a friend who listens and often helps.....and in strange unexplainable ways - I've always felt that he does answer in some funny ways...........

With tears in my eyes,
And a fractured heart,
I knelt before God one day,
"Oh God, my Lord, my Father in heaven",
"Why do this to me ?" I cried.

My God was quiet, perhaps asleep,
For not a word in comfort did he say,
And thus in my thoughts, when I was lost,
Came a voice - loud, clear and near.

"Hey Jesus ! Is this God ?" I thought,
But then, the voice seemed familiar,
And all of a sudden it occured to me,
It was "THE NEWS", by Gitanjali Iyer !

"A hundred killed, thousands homeless",
"Children on the streets", she said.
"Hungry stomachs and outstretched hands"
Well, problems everywhere.

It was then that something clicked inside,
And a voice inside me, asked me -
If your fates as bad as you think,
Would you care to swap places, my friend ?

Suddenly everything seemed so changed,
The world no longer gloomy,
Perhaps it was my sleepy God at work,
Or was it some change in me ?

No comments: