Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Thoughts Of Another Day....

My college just disappeared...... just read somewhere that R.E.C Durgapur has now become N.I.T Durgapur....... just does not have the same tone as "R.E College..... R.E.College" - as the conductors in those amazingly packed mini-buses would shout..... everytime I close my eyes to think of those days, a smile unfailingly breaks out in my face..... just pulled out a small mock-ad that I had done for our R.E.College in those days..... and its as if it was just yesterday again......

A college is not just another place to study in.
Its a temple to the human spirit.
A place that releases the best in you.

REGIONAL ENGINEERING COLLEGE, DURGAPUR

Like when you stroll through our sprawling
grounds - the Lords & the Oval
Like when you experience what freedom is
sitting at Jupes, Canteen or Samrat.
Like when you form friendships that
you know will last a lifetime
Like when you spend quite moments in our library
Or feel the sweat running down your face
as you work out in our gymnasium.

We can go on and on and on......
But well, some things are to be experienced
...................not just told or heard about !

R.E.C DURGAPUR
.......... not just a college, a temple
.......... not just an institution, an experience !!

3 comments:

Parimal Killarikar said...

hey I can understand what it means to you... My college also changed from REC RKL to NIT RKL

felt bad to learn that there are no more rengcolians.........

Roshan said...

But it will always be R.E COLLEGE to us..not REC..not NIT...

damn..i miss that place...but i dont want to go back there!!

Roshan said...

But Dude,
after we graduated out from R.E College have you ever been back??

I have not been there, but i plan to go back n see the place one time!