Saturday, September 23, 2006

Searching For Me...

Perhaps the hardest thing about growing up - for me, was coming to peace with myself as a person. Which way do I lean ? Whats the best thing to do ? Whats the right thing to do ? Should I take all advise ? Or do I myself know best ? Should I follow my mind ? Or should I follow my heart ?...... By and large, a lot of these questions for me have answered themselves - what I know now is that there is no "one right path"..... there is no "5 easy steps to finding yourself"..... in retrospect, its always like the story about Honda and Buddhas eyebrows..... que sera sera.... what will be will be. This poem is a few years old..... the questions that I now ask have definitely changed, but the essential dilemma still poses itself many a times.... I guess this is what being human and growing is all about......

I'm too old to be a kid,
Too young to be a man.
Neither a prudish dude,
Nor a screaming punk.
I ain't the "traditional Indian guy",
Nor a "modern western clone".
I sometimes like the East,
And at times, the West, I love.
Sometimes an idealist,
Yet, no way, a moralist.
At times I am the obedient son,
And still sometimes a wild rebel.
A voice inside says, "Go along",
While another says, "Don't care a damn".
Who is me ?
Which am I ?
For Gods sake - Where do I stand ?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting articulation

Ships said...

I totally aquiesce with your thoughts.... evryone is in search for their real identity... this reminds me of a song 'Bulla ki jaanaa main kaun..'

a well written post indeed :) keep writing such gems.

Pooh said...

You just penned my mind into such a beautiful poetry!!! I'm still in the lost state!!

Anonymous said...

I also like your blog writing...
by the way, may i ask where are you from ?

Roon said...

Hi Anonymous....geographically I am from India...but in the cyberworld, does it really matter ?

satishds said...

hi arun,
This question is something everyone asks with themselves somewhere sometime in their lifetime..It is something which will always be a question.
I sometimes feel we are just a part of some experiment( guinea pigs)
A beautiful poetry thou !!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely loved it

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

true. how very often in life, we realise that we have an aspect or side to ourselves that we never knew existed. and sometimes something inconspicuous suddenly holds our attention and we have a feeling of deja vu

Helen said...

Wow, good post!
Helen

Priyankari said...

Grt one here again...and growing up...have a blog on the same topic too...but u have a beautiful way of presentation...these questions and thoughts often storm our minds...

Anonymous said...

hmmm..where do you stand?
On your feet...hehehe!

Good Post..